Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 25, 2006

I've Upgraded, I think?

Wilson has always been a great sleeper at night, so I can't really complain. But lately I have been complaining about his naps... we've been "transitioning" to one nap for over a month now, and the mornings can get nearly unbearable. Overall, he had become a fussy child, which I would quickly blame his lack of sleep during the day.

This past weekend, someone upgraded my child to this model... he slept in each morning until after 8am (he goes to bed around 6:30pm), and took 2 hour-plus naps each afternoon. THE EXCITING PART OF ALL THIS is he is so much happier, so much more himself, more playful, focused and coordinated...

So last night as I went to bed I anticipated Wilson waking up around 7 this morning, due to morning traffic noise, etc...
I WOKE HIM UP at 9:15... he went down for a nap at 1, and is still asleep... it's 3:30....
what to do?
perhaps it's a growth spurt?
what do I do tomorrow when he is supposed to go to Toddler Time at 8:30?
I want this to become a norm... day-by-day motherhood...
I think I am going to go wake him up for playgroup at the playground...

2 comments:

Nancy said...

So glad you did wake him up to come to playgroup!! You'll be taking a break from playgroup soon enough for a while!

aileen said...

I'm glad you came too.